The importance of a “welcome email” is undisputed. They are crucial to a successful email marketing campaign, as they are the first impression that subscribers will have of your company. But what exactly is a “welcome email”? Its name really says it all: it’s the first email a subscriber will receive from your once they are registered on your subscriber’s list. There are two main goals that a “welcome email” should accomplish:
- To verify that your subscribers’ email addresses were recorded correctly
- To make a good first impression with your subscribers
- To catch the attention of your subscribers
- To inform your subscribers about who you are and why they should become involved with your company
- To initiate conversation with your subscribers
Understanding what a “welcome email” is just the first step. You must also know how to create a “welcome email” that will accomplish all of these goals and really put your company on the map.