One of the most important questions that new email marketers have is: “How frequently should I send emails?” The short answer is that there is no magic answer to this question. However, there are some guidelines. You shouldn’t send emails more than 3 times per week to avoid overwhelming your recipients, but you should send at least one email every 2 weeks so they don’t forget about you. Here are some dangers if you send emails more or less often than the recommended frequency:
- If you send emails too often, your recipients will get bored and not read the content and may even mark your emails as spam
- If you send emails too often, you will be spending excessive amounts of money and will have a lower ROI
- If you don’t send emails often enough, recipients won’t be as familiar with your brand
- If you don’t send emails often enough, recipients will feel unprioritized
- If you don’t send emails often enough, email addresses may change, meaning you’d be sending emails to accounts that are no longer active
If you stick to sending emails 1-3 times per week, you can avoid all of these dangers.